The founder and Editor in Chief of Modern Hippie Mag (http://www.modernhippiemag.com ), a lifestyle resource dedicated to promoting hip, healthy conscious living and environmental sustainability.
5 (Ways to Teach Your Kids to Honor Mother Earth on Earth Day)
1. The EPA’s Environmental Kid’s Club http://1.usa.gov/eo2Zq4
Explore the environment and learn how to protect it with games, pictures, and stories.
2. The Arbor Foundation http://bit.ly/g5s5jx
Check out Nature Explore Classroom Activities from The Arbor Foundation. Nature Explore Classroom Activities are designed to bring nature-rich outdoor activities to schools, parks, and playgrounds.
3. Local farmer's market http://bit.ly/hQT4fb
Take your kids to a local farmer’s market where they can connect and learn from local growers and craft artisans!
4. Play in the dirt! Read Why Grow Your Own is Important http://bit.ly/eVbWNb
Planting trees or starting a garden is a great way to benefit and honor Mother Earth and teach your kids the importance of outdoor activities.
5. Attend an Earth Day event in your area http://bit.ly/eHxrDs