1. praise song by Lucille Clifton http://5thin.gs/HQRmh0
to my aunt blanche
who rolled from grass to driveway
into the street one sunday morning.
i was ten. i had never seen
a human woman hurl her basketball
of a body into the traffic of the world.
Praise to the drivers who stopped in time.
Praise to the faith with which she rose
after some moments then slowly walked
sighing back to her family.
Praise to the arms which understood
little or nothing of what it meant
but welcomed her in without judgment,
accepting it all like children might,
2. Patience by Kay Ryan http://5thin.gs/HxJ5aZ
3. The Journey by Mary Oliver http://5thin.gs/HQQby0
4. Sediments of Santa Monica by Brenda Hillman http://5thin.gs/HQQEAe
5. The Glass Essay by Anne Carson http://5thin.gs/eyY8C3